Overflow system??

liverock27

I have seen some really nice setups people have made, but most of them are a little more than my skills or tools will allow, like melting and bending acrilic. So does anyone have a simple design for a overflow system or any recommendations on a good one and where to get it...if you can't tell me on this board than my email is
fratboyey@comcast.net
Thanks for all the information in advance...oh my setup is a 10g nano that has a 20L sump/refugium(makes up about 2/3rds of the 20L), eventually will have a protein skimmer, but one step at a time.
Also what do yall have on the ends of the return line into the tank? I found an elbow that is smaller at one end than the attaching end, but not sure if I like it or not.

S

starfishjackedme

Instead of using an overflow, why not just drill for bulkheads - 30's are not tempered that i know of.

newty

condork12,
i like that idea! please forgive me while i steal your idea, patent it and live richly for the rest of my life off the royalties!
newty.

malibu599

hey Squidd,
Can you go into detail about the parts which you are using?
Thanks anymore information would be appreciated.

squidd

This is a price list for a slightly larger version that will do 600 gph+ (I ran 740 gph through it with 2 1 1/4" U tubes
But you should be able to piece together a 300-400 gph unit for around $25 plus the Durso standpipe, or less if you want a standing drain...
5"x2-1/2"x4-1/2" Specimen box (inside)....>$5
7"x3-1/4"x6" Specimen box (outside)....>$7
(2) 1" U tubes .........................................>$8
1" bulkhead.............................................>$7
Total >$30 for overflow
"Durso" style hdwr parts...........................>$5

liverock27

Has anyone used a CPR CS50 Overflow? My buddy has one he is not using and I was thinking I would use it on my new system. It has a 3/4" bulkhead.