overflow

rockyanvil

Hello Im new here..ok I have 55 gallon aquarium, I just setup it on 1st April. Two powerhead going to the sump(underneath) it and return powerhead from the sump. My problem here is when the all power off, the water still flow to the sump which become overflow to my sump tank. Help me with this.

skirrby

k heres a list of stuff you need to do to solve your troubles..
1. get a hang on overflow box.. they arent to expensive and are made to remove water from your tank down to the sump.
2. make sure you have a anti-spyhon hole drilled into the return line from the sump.. drill the hole right below the water line so that when the power goes out.. it will suck air when it gets to the hole and break the syphon.
the water is flowing to the sump durring a power outage for 2 reasons that i see.. one being that the powerhead you are currently useing to bring water to the sump is syphoning water from the tank even w/o the power on.. and 2 being that you dont appear to have a anti-syphon hole in the return.. drill the hole in the return. and get a hang on overflow box. useing a powerhead to drain the water to the sump can and will lead to problems IMO.
also make sure you have enough room for the excess water in your sump for poweroutages.. because some water will always flow back(like the water in the lines and stuff).
hope that helped.. and welcome to the board