Overstocked for a biocube?

S

smallreef

Which size cube do you have? And how much rock do you have?

flower

Hi,
I don't think your problem is overstocking...You do have compatibility problems. The YT damsel is too aggressive to remain with the dottyback or cardinal...it will eventually kill them off. The sand-sifter goby is not suitable for a 29g It's way too large when mature for such a small tank. A sand-sifter goby needs lots of fauna in the sand to feed on, or it will starve, a 29g is depleted really fast and the diamond wont have enough to eat.
For what it's worth, I would get the diamond and YT damsel out and put a nice dwarf angelfish in there. They are beautiful and very active. They don't need lots of swim room, they love to go in and out of the rock work, and nibble the algae off of it, which is a huge help in a small tank.

Um the yellow tail is a wimp and the diamond only grows 6 inches and the diamond eats frozen, brine, bloodworms, scallops, pellets, and the yt is best friends with all of them if anything the clowns are the rulers .. Know before u speak

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxbionewbyxX http:///t/395427/overstocked-for-a-biocube#post_3520521
Um the yellow tail is a wimp and the diamond only grows 6 inches and the diamond eats frozen, brine, bloodworms, scallops, pellets, and the yt is best friends with all of them if anything the clowns are the rulers .. Know before u speak
A 6 inch fish does not belong in a 29g tank, minimum tank size for them is a 55g. http://www.fishlore.com/profile-diamondgoby.htm I'm delighted to hear your diamond goby is eating frozen foods...that gives him an edge on survival.
The "wimp" YT...is a junior right now...as it matures, they are known to bite your hand drawing blood, and the less aggressive tank mates are doomed. It's true, some YTs don't become evil when they grow up, but that isn't the norm for those fish. Indeed know before you speak.

S

smallreef

Have to agree with flower here...a damsel is a damsel is a damsel....evil eventually
And the goby may be okay for a long while, though again it will outgrow the tank, they like a lot of sand bed to move to and fro abouts....