Overstocked?

whitemike

So my nirite is almost at zero but it won't go down any more, what does that mean? Amino 0 Nirite .01-.25 Nitrate 20. I got a 10 gallon tank with 9 inverts, and three small gobbies. I got a 20 gallon fillter which I change the filter pad every weak and nano protein skimmer. 20,000k bulb. I do feed iron for alge and I bought some dried bacteria to raise the bio load two days ago but nothings changed. Do I have a problem or do I just need to give it time? Any advice I would appreciate

aw2x3

It might be possible that you'll never get your nitrates to 0...it's extremely hard to do so, especially in small tanks.
Nitrates that low arent really hurting anything, as long as you keep up on your water changes and filter media changes, in your hang on.
Also...a question for you...how do you like that Nano Skimmer? I've thought about buying one for my 12gal. Angler tank.

whitemike

Im not concerned with the nitrates its the nirites that won't go down is that normal. If not what could be the problem?

whitemike

I don't like the nano skimmer. First its fails to work for no reason. Second you have to replave pads for it almost every week and you can't buy them any where, but if you have the reciet the company who makes it will ship you some for free. Third I bought a filter with a built in protein skimmer in the filter so its less crowded in the tank, Im just waiting for it in the mail. So I would suggest not buying it and look into the Skilter Filters, which I can't tell how good it works but any thing has to be better then the nano skimmer, well maybe not any thing, but its not that good.

whitemike

So I got my skilter filter in the mail and its kind of big and makes more noise but is much much much better then the nano protein skimmer. The nano protein skimmer mkaes a lot of bubbles in the tank which my fish avoid going in those areas with bubbles and inj a small tank that like %25 of the room in the tank.