Pagoda Corals

tr1gger

In my 90g i have this guy about 4 inches off the substrate on a nice peice or LR

I have since discovered that all the heads have closed and its starting to turn white. I dont know much about this coral other than low to medium lighting and medium flow. I have all that but is this guy getting to much light? Will post a picture of the corals current status when the lights turn on.
Any help or advice ?

spiderwoman

Pagodas are notoriously difficult to keep in aquarium conditions. Usually it's considered lucky to make it to 1 year. If you make it that far then they actually stay alive.

tr1gger

Crap! I would of never gotten this guy then. He did so well for the first 3 days.. I read they were very hardy ?

Btw Under PC Lighting
Dual Daylight 6,700k/10,000k : 2 x 65 watt
Dual Actinic 420nm/460nm : 2 x 65 watt
Lunar Light Moon White : 2
Dimensions : 48.25" x 7.25" x 2.5"
Total Watts : 260 watt

spiderwoman

Sorry, I take that back. I was thinking it was a Gonicopora (flowerpot). I do not know about Pagoda's enought to say anything.

acroaddict

+1 on flowerpot. i had one of those (same color) n it only lasted 5 months before it slowly died. good luck with yours.

oceana

first that is not a pagoda. if it is it is unlike any other i have ever seen.
based on the tentical numbers and shape is as stated above a goniopora.
they can be kept alive but not in the average aquarium. sorry.

A

alexmir

+1 on no pagoda, looks nothing like mine. I also thinks its a goniapora, did the polyps come all the way out and flow in your tank, or have they been tucked in like that the whole time?