pagoda tissue loss

wablondie98664

a couple weeks ago i noticed a small hole forming on my pagoda cup, so i've been regularly blowing off the settlement that collects on it with a powerhead hoping it would heal. well tonight i was looking closley at the pagoda and notice a few other areas on it where the tissue is dying off. nothing has happened that i know of to damage the coral. what could be causing this, and is there anything i can do to save my pagoda??

I

ivanfj

I've never tried it myself, but I know there's something called Lugol's solution that helps healing poor corals. Could it be stung by another coral??? Or could it be too much flow directed at that one particular spot???

wablondie98664

it's not under any direct flow, so i don't think that's it. there is some xenia next to the pagoda. also i noticed last night one of my clown gobies likes to perch on it, could thet be causing the tissue loss??

clarkiiboi

I am having the same problem, but nothing could be stinging it in my tank. In your case, it could be the xenia. I am going to tag along to see what others say in reguard to healing it from this point. Bump for ya, that's all I can do.

wablondie98664

ok, i moved the pagoda to a different spot in the tank. we'll see what that does.. if it's not looking any better by next week i will buy something to dip the coral in.

clarkiiboi

Originally posted by wablondie98664
ok, i moved the pagoda to a different spot in the tank. we'll see what that does.. if it's not looking any better by next week i will buy something to dip the coral in.

Do you have any updates? It seems mine is still slowly going down hill and I was wondered if anything worked for you. Thanks.