Paint In-between Frame and Glass

lefty

Hello everyone,
As you might've already guessed, I just recently painted the back of my tank. I used flat black latex paint and rolled it on with a foam roller. While I taped off all the edges, a little bit of paint managed to seep inbetween the frame and the glass (oops). Other than being a little unsightly, will it hurt anything in the tank? Thanks!
-lefty

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by lefty
It's been drying for about three hours now. Thanks! :happyfish
-lefty
How did it come out? I'm ready to do the same to my 210gal. I have been trying to read on here about wether people spray or roll. I'd rather roll it, if it looks good. If you have a picture could you post?

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
How did it come out? I'm ready to do the same to my 210gal. I have been trying to read on here about wether people spray or roll. I'd rather roll it, if it looks good. If you have a picture could you post?
BUMP

joncat24

spray

[hr]
i sprayed the back and rolled the sides of my 180 cause it was already set on stand in wall. wish I would have sprayed it all...much easier to spray ...IMO

acrylic51

I agree....Spray is a heck of a lot easier than rolling........I rolled the back of mine and would have definitely been alot quicker spraying it, but didn't want to spray inside the new fishroom

lefty

Hi Shawn,
It turned out looking really good. I am quite pleased with it. I ended up doing 4-5 coats. The latex paint comes off really easily if you decide you don't like it. From the picture you really can't tell, but here it is anyway:

Hope that helps! :happyfish
-lefty

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by lefty
Hi Shawn,
It turned out looking really good. I am quite pleased with it. I ended up doing 4-5 coats. The latex paint comes off really easily if you decide you don't like it. From the picture you really can't tell, but here it is anyway:

Hope that helps! :happyfish
-lefty
it took me a minute to figure out what i was looking at. it looks like you dont have a background at all, but it must be just a reflection. i'm glad to hear it came out good. i' think i'm gonna do my tank this weekend. the original owner had painted it with latex paint and it looked good to me (awful sky bue color though) so i scraped it all off and am ready to paint it with a flat black latex. i'll post mine when done.
thanks again,shawn

S

saltfreak4

just asking, but why not just use the black background at the fish store, the sticky ones.

cougar

the sticky ones can still let salt water in between the background and the glass, and of course with salt water once dried you end up with salt creep on the back of your tank.

lefty

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
it took me a minute to figure out what i was looking at. it looks like you dont have a background at all, but it must be just a reflection. i'm glad to hear it came out good. i' think i'm gonna do my tank this weekend. the original owner had painted it with latex paint and it looked good to me (awful sky bue color though) so i scraped it all off and am ready to paint it with a flat black latex. i'll post mine when done.
thanks again,shawn
Hehe, sorry, when I took the picture I forgot to turn my monitor off and/or wait until it was darker so there wouldn't be any glare. There is definitely a background there, otherwise you would be seeing a white wall through the tank :)
-lefty