paint on tank

reynolds33_77

i want to paint the back of my tank. can I do this with any old paint or is there a special type of paint for this? any help would be great thanx.

krishj39

I'd use high gloss, not because it looks any different, in this case, than any other, but high gloss will better resist corroding and chipping off because of salt water exposure. Spray paint is probably your best bet, but that may be too difficult if you tank is already set up.

tlk

What is the benefit of painting the back of your tank? For a few dollars, you can buy any color background that you want and tape it on. If you get tired of that background color, you can easily remove the paper and give your tank a "fresh" new look. Seems like a no brainer to me, but what am I missing?

michaeltx

it gives a cleaner look to the tank no air pockets bulges etc..
the other thing is yeah you can remove the other and change it to another color but most people dont they get a color they like leave it there and never have to worry about it again.
another side to it is that a blue or black background fills in the holes until coraline algae gets a good hold on the back glass.
most people dont clean there back glass so it helps to make it looks cleaner than it is LOL
Mike

reynolds33_77

thanx to all for the reply i painted it this morning it looks great!! i used satin paint it looks great! thanx again too all

josh

Are you getting a lot of reflection with the satin? That might freak some fish out a bit, for future reference I would go with with krylon flat black.
Ok ok so let's see some pics!