painting pvc?

skirrby

can you paint pvc black at all if its going to be in the tank,, im adding a closed loop system, and want to have the pvc black,, if i cant find any lockline/black pvc anywhere near me. if it is safe, how can i go about doing it so it will be safe.. please let me know,, white is just a eyesore on a black backround you know what i mean.

ssweet1

I wouldnt do it, they make a marine paint for bottom of boats that may work as long as it is non-toxic. Try to look for sprinkler system pvc at Home Depot it is usually black, water use pvc is grey but that probably wouldnt look much better, but hopefully the coralline will cover it eventually anyways, Carrie

skirrby

yeah i have a gut feeling it wouldnt be safe,, but then again i think ive heard of it,, dunno really, i made it simple and am just gonna get lockline

haze123

Dont do it. Paints cause have some bad ass toxicins in it. I do finishing on cars for a living and I can tell you if I have to wear a mask wile I paint lol I dont think you wanna put it in your tank. lol if that mad any sence? You should try and go to a hardware store and tell them what your looking for cause even though they dont have it doesnt mean they cant order it. Really I wouldnt recomend any paint unless your painting the back of your tank on the side. ill try and look around on the net and see if I find anything for you and try and post it.

wax32

It's gonna be purple with coralline in a few months anyway, no need to spend the extra money for black.