painting tank

barola87

i want to paint the back of my tank. what kind of paint do i use?.and which color would look best .open for suggestions..

hot883

I used a light blue paint for mine. Same color as my wall color and I simply brushed it on.

barola87

Originally Posted by hot883
I used a light blue paint for mine. Same color as my wall color and I simply brushed it on.
wat kind of paint was it

michaeltx

I use an acrylic paint for easy clean up I have even used krylon spray paint. But I prefer black instead of blue.
Mike

barola87

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
I use an acrylic paint for easy clean up I have even used krylon spray paint. But I prefer black instead of blue.
Mike
thank u

grumpygils

Originally Posted by barola87
i want to paint the back of my tank. what kind of paint do i use?.and which color would look best .open for suggestions..
Is it up and running or empty? I tried to brush paint one of mine and it did not look as good as spray painting. If it is empty, I would spray paint it.
IMO
Mc

hot883

Originally Posted by barola87
wat kind of paint was it
It was Mat finish Lowe's brand. I put 2 coats on and no brush strokes can be seen.

mindy7

Ok so if you have fish in already,,,, can you paint or not??? if you can,, what kind of paint can you use??? would have to do a roll on,,, cant spray behind it
thanks mindy