Pairing Clown Fish

I want to get a pair of clown fish in the hopes of one day they'll breed. I've heard the best way to do this is to get them while they're still very young. What size does this equate too? I was in the lfs yesterday and they had a tank full of false perculas that were all between 1.5" and 2" in length. Are these juveniles?

debbers

Yes. Adults reach a size of approx. 3". I got mine at about 1", but try to get 2 that are small ones out of the LFS tank if you decide to try it.
~D~

C

celticsun

Hey jagermeister,
I just got a pair of clowns and they were already paired up, when you go to the store look them over carefully look for the 2 which hang around each other a lot....spend some time watching how they get along before you buy them. I sat and watched 2 different tanks with the same types of fish in it, and I ended getting 2 fish which I think are a little shy of the 1" mark.
I too hope these guys breed later...then seeing the eggs, then 7 days later they hatch....then trying to find their larva type bodies wont be fun on the surface of the tank...before the other fish eat them up or get sucked into the filter! LOL By the way it takes around 5 working days before you see their lil bodies swimming around!
See Ya,
celticsun:D