panther grouper

hot883

Originally Posted by hepp87
Would a panther groupre do ok with a medium sized black percula clown in the same tank?
Only if you want to loose the clown.
:hilarious

scubadoo

Originally Posted by hepp87
Would a panther groupre do ok with a medium sized black percula clown in the same tank?
With groupers..if it will come close to fitting in their mouths thats is where it will eventually end up. They grow fast too.

ophiura

Panther groupers are a "trick" fish. Cute and small when they show up at the LFS, the buyer is often unaware that they grow VERY large, VERY fast and outgrow nearly all but quite large tanks. I do not recommend buying one...LFS tend to be very unwilling to buy back larger Panther Groupers. I reckon ever inch in size makes it that much more difficult to sell it again.

traveldude

my friend got a baby one and a cuban hog but hes bloody rich and can afford to put it in the ocean when it gets to big and get a new one and the hog and pantehr got alond great
then they died cas there was a power outage and his dad had to use his generators on his like 5000 gal tank

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Traveldude
but hes bloody rich and can afford to put it in the ocean when it gets to big
I don't care how rich you are. That is never a good thing to do unless you are going to put it in the correct ocean. And I am prety sure that your friend is not rich enough to fly to Indonesia just to drop a fish off....

ophiura

Irresponsibility is not a class issue. Rich or poor - no one should release a captive animal back into the ocean.

darth tang

I have a Panther. Was about 5 inches four months ago, now he is pushing 9 inches. Easily the largest fish I have. Anything under 6 inches I would not recommend to place with this fish. I had a molly in my tank when I first got him, the molly was about 3 inches and still the grouper tried to eat him. Your perc will be lunch.
If it were me, I would chose the Panther over the clown, but that is just me.

smoney

hey whats the rate of growth on these buggers? m firend just got a baby one last time we went to the fish store.

goldpuffer

They grow pretty fast. Mine was 4 inches when I got him and not he has grown to be 14 inches. I'll post a pic when I take one.

smoney

I have seen one of these guys in a shark tank, it was about a foot and a half, it was crazy huge. And then just the other day, I saw one that was like 2 inches. its kind of funny.