Parting with small tank in SW Florida

earlybird

I'm in Fort Myers and am parting with my tank for now. I have accepted an invitation to fish in many tournaments from Florida to Mexico and will not be around to take care of my tank. Everything is going great in my tank and has since day 1. I'd like to start with LOCAL PICK UP first before I do any shipping and obviously all livestock must go first. Pictures below.
Tank is 13 months old and there have been no new additions in 3 months. All equipment was purchased in or after January 2007. Sand is white, no nusiance algae, zero nitrates and zero phosphates. I'm hoping in the next 5 years or so to have a 200+ gallon agressive FOWLR and though I should keep some equipment for it I'm willing to part at this time.
Livestock
45-50 lbs of Fiji LR purchased from SWF with 5 of that curing right now. Nice coralline algae. $150
2 false percs that have been together for 12 months. $25
Cleaners/critters 10 assorted hermits including 5 nice sized scarlets, peppermint shrimp, 20-30 snails (Astraea, Cerith, Nassarius), white and pink feather duster. $20
Green (not brown) frogspawn with 3 heads. $25
Small orange ricordia. $20
2 assorted zoanthid colonies both with 30+ polyps one very common has 2 different species and the other rare with 3 different species. $35 for both
about 15-20 lbs of live sand that I'll part with for free.
Equipment

30" Coralife Lunar PC Lights that I just changed the bulbs on 2 weeks ago (have receipt). Light is in excellent condition asking $100.
Salifert test kits for calcium, magnesium, alkalinity, phosphate, and nitrate. The kits are barely used and have more than 1/2 of their tests remaining, quite possibly 2/3 remaining. $30
Coralife Super Skimmer 65. Asking $70
29g tank, light colored wood stand, and 10g sump with baffles. $100
Overflow box with 2 pre-filters. $40
Magdrive 7 return pump. $45
Hydor Koralia #1 powerhead. $15
Maxi Jet 400 (2), 600 (1), 900 (1). $25
Hydor rotating deflector (2). $10
2 three outlet GFCI and a grounding probe. $25
Refractometer. $30
1/3 bucket of Reef Crystals. $10
Kalkwasser by Kent barely used. $5

alfred30

Sounds like an amazing reason to get out of the hobby for a bit. I would really be interested in the Zoa colonies but I must see pics first to make sure that I dont have the species, and that it will fit in my tank. Also intersted in the cleaner crew.

earlybird

I imagine this is going to be a slow process. Once all livestock is gone I'll consider shipping. I will at that time create a new thread so I don't have to hunt people down.
Thanks

earlybird

Pictures recent on top and the first pictures I took of my setup after that.
Full tank shot today 4/1 female clown visible male is under ledge Frogspawn too

Full tank + guts

Guts

My favorite zoas that I have camera does no justice

Orange ric

2 crown pink and white duster

earlybird

First set up no water new lights Jan or Feb 2007

Back of tank baffles in sump were not yet added

Left side of sump

Right side of sump

Overflow box

LR when first purchased

LR when first put into DT

Sump which turned out to be too small for a fuge section so only the bubble trap baffles remain as I remove the acrylic divider with the holes.

nu2salt

when you are ready to part equipment I want these:
Salifert test kits for calcium, magnesium, alkalinity, phosphate, and nitrate. The kits are barely used and have more than 1/2 of their tests remaining, quite possibly 2/3 remaining. $30
Hydor rotating deflector (2). $10
just curious as what what you think shipping would be to 40356,ky.?

tentacle

I am in Cape Coral, and was planning to buy some false perculas this weekend, so I am definitely interested in those, and would also be interested in the cleanerr pack, I can always use a few more snails and hermits. Since I am local, I could pick them up and get them out of your way right away.
Let me know how to get a hold of you.

earlybird

nu2salt if Local Pick Up doesn't pan out I'll look you up when the time comes.
Tentacle the best I can do for you is the false percs. I don't think I want to get rid of the cleaners until the rock is gone. Send me a PM if still interested.

earlybird

Originally Posted by alfred30
http:///forum/post/2548440
Still waiting on the pic of the second rock with zoas.

Sorry I didn't post b/c I think they are the most common zoas. I see them everywhere I go. FYI they are slightly smaller now b/c of new placement and they were in too high of flow and several detached but I suspect they'll show up somewhere else. I figured I'd probably just give that colony to the person who buys the rock.

earlybird

I think 600 GPH I believe it's 1" pvc. I use a Mag 7 and it handles it all fine (calculating head loss).

rebelprettyboy

Is the tank 24" long? anyways Id really like to get the following if you cant sell locally. I really need to get a frag tank going and this is a great deal if you ask me. Sure someone locally will jump on it
Coralife Super Skimmer 65. Asking $70
29g tank, light colored wood stand, and 10g sump with baffles. $100
Overflow box with 2 pre-filters. $40
Magdrive 7 return pump. $45

jroc

Im in Tampa and could possibly pick it up. How much for all of it if its all still available?

cotigostar

I'm down in Ft. Lauderdale and I'm looking to set up my 55 gallon in July (only because I'm moving and there is no sense starting it now to take it apart. It drives me crazy walking past it everyday) I'm really interested in those clowns and any equipment you have left. Only thing is I don't have a tank set up. I have a 10 gallon that we tried setting up in my dorm but we just didn't have the time for. I was wondering if (you still have them) you'd hold them for me. Maybe I could drive up with my tank and get some water from your tank and some sand and bring them down. I'm just scared my tank wont be cycled. Should they be ok with your water though? I dont even know what you still have I just got anxious to get the clowns. Let me know what is still available because I need equipment as well. thanks!
littlewolfdemon@aol.com