paypal

mopar9012

I have a paypal account but I havent used it in probably a year. Some things seemed to have changed. Im trying to recieve moeny from somebody, do you HAVE to have a paypal account to recieve money?

myreef05

Originally Posted by mopar9012
I have a paypal account but I havent used it in probably a year. Some things seemed to have changed. Im trying to recieve moeny from somebody, do you HAVE to have a paypal account to recieve money?
Paypal to paypal only. Paypal to a bank, (so bank can make payment) but reciever still needs to have an account.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
both parties have to have an account.

NO they don't ! I just did this with some tickets we could not use and the person did not have paypal. I gave them my email address of my account and the money was there right away.
Tizz....you have my email if you are feeling generous

Originally Posted by lovethesea
NO they don't ! I just did this with some tickets we could not use and the person did not have paypal. I gave them my email address of my account and the money was there right away.
I just tried it and the button you click to continue reads "click to continue and create account". at the time of sign up it appears that you can pay by credit card for immediate payment, but you have to create an account.
maybe your right I didnt follow through all the way but from what it says I ll stick with what I think

lovethesea

on the main page there are tabs at the top. Hit the "send money". On the right side of that page will let you fill in from there. I have a paypal account and the person that bought my tickets did not. He used his credit card and my paypal/email account.

yes and follow those steps and you will see that below the button it says "click button to create account". he may not have had an account before but he did by the time he sent you money. it also asks you to create a paypal password.
so it is true that in order to send money using paypal you have to create account with paypal.