PC Light Users

cdn_beaver

Im looking to upgrade my current lighting system with a PC light. Im currently looking at a Current USA 30" 2X65 watt Orbit set up. It seems like a very convenient system with built in timer controls and moon lights for 24 hour lighting. Does anybody have any experience with this setup? Can anybody recommend something similar? And finnaly, will 2X65 Watts be enough to get the light to the bottom of my 25 gallon tank that is approx. 14" deep.
Thanks for the help.

viper_930

I have the same thing. Works great. Depending on what kinds of corals you need you may or may not have enough lighting with that.

cdn_beaver

I still need to do more research as to exactly what types of corals I would like to keep. What are you able to keep in yours?

viper_930

With that fixture, you can keep mushrooms, polyps like GSP, xenia, zoos, leathers, and some LPS like frogspawns and hammers.

squidd

I did not run that particular fixture, but I did run 2x65 pc over a 16" deep 20 Nano and kept pretty much the same as the list of softies and LPS mentioned above...

baylisc

I would recomend getting the current USA satellite, its the same as the orbit but dosn't have the legs for mounting on to the fish tank (its also ALOT cheaper!)..... If you do a search on the web there is a web site that sells the satallite with the legs (docking mounts) free of charge.