Pc Lighting?

c1rusx02

on the famous auction site JEBO seems to have the cheapest power compacts... anyone ever use these? are they good quality?
also.... anyone use the JBJ formosa delux PC's?
feeedback would be appreciated

derxz

does JEBO make that oydseys model or whateveR? If So, I purchased the newer version of them for my 36" tank. I got it for around 90 shipped I believe. They are fine in quality and probablly same as the expensive ones. The fans are a little noisy and cheap, but I think it's worth the price. After buying it, I upgraded to a 400w MH because I got a really good deal. Oh well. I have a 36" for sale if you're interested, like brand new!

roofis

I use the newer jebo model. Honestly, I works fine...especially for the price. THE ONLY THING I DON"T LIKE: I have a tall canopy and had to cut a hole on the side to have acess to the light controls. I believe they should've put them on the back, but they got the great idea to put them on the side. That's the only real down fall that I have.

derxz

If you don't have a canopy, the controls on the side are great!! My 36" doesn't have a canopy so it's very accessible. But the unit is great for the price, especially when the coralife ones are basically the same thing only priced a lot more.

pool-boy

I've got the odyssea 36" pc's. I agree that the fans are cheap and will probably need to be replaced eventually. The only other thing that I don't like about them is that there's no seperate switch for the actinics. There's only 2 switches. 1 for the moonlights and one for the tubes. 3 switches would be better IMO. I guess if your handy in electrical you could always modify it. Other than that they're good lights. Definately worth the $.