PC lighting

foundanemo

does anyone have a bta under pc lighting?
If so what kind of light k rating and watts.
would appreicate so help having a hard time figuring out what lighting i want to get.

zanoshanox

I have two healthy BTA's under 130 w 50/50 PC over my 20 long. Very healthy, will ve upgrading to mh soon though.

gen1dustin

Good question I want to hear some answers myself actually. Because so many say you can't keep anemones under PC, but some have luck with it???

zanoshanox

I think as long as you have them close enough to the light, have the right setup, and awesome parameters, you can keep BTA's. I believe that's all you can keep under PC's though with at least some success.

foundanemo

i am wondering because i have two false perculas and they look a little lonely. so i want to get them an anemone to give them a chance at maybe hosting however slim a chance it may be. :happyfish
i want to know also because i can get 4x 96 pc for around $400 or 2x150 MH for $60 dallors more.

Thanks

tx reef

Originally Posted by foundanemo
i am wondering because i have two false perculas and they look a little lonely. so i want to get them an anemone to give them a chance at maybe hosting however slim a chance it may be. :happyfish
i want to know also because i can get 4x 96 pc for around $400 or 2x150 MH for $60 dallors more.

Thanks

Get the metal halides.

saltfan

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Get the metal halides.

I concur. If its only 60 more, go with the absolute best lighting for your tank. Metal Halide, it doesn't get any better than that.