PC to T5 acclimation

faddn5

I am going from 260 watts Pc to 430 watts T5 and was wondering what would be the proper procedure for doing this. Should I just start for an hour the first day and add like a half hour a day from there?

greg803

i dont know that it will hurt to just swap them over. I would do it after the pc has turned off for the night and swap them out. then run them as normal IMO

deelucky

what i would try if you have a model with two switches is to run your blue actinics for a bout an hour or two then bring on the daylight its what i do every morning so as not to shock anyone.hope that helps gl

wangotango

someone else had a post like this. i would do it in gradual steps, adding an hour or so of the daylight T5s a week. supposedly there is a big intensity difference between pc and T5 so you might burn something.

cham

I have T5's on the way to me in the mail. A good idea I saw was to take several layers of screen window material and lay them on the top of your tank. Every two or three days you can remove one layer.
Although I currently have VHO's. Hopefully T5's wont be a huge shock to my softies.