Peanut Worm

acez28

Is it possible to move these from one tank to another. I have a worm that lives in the gravel in my QT tank and was wondering if i should move it to the main tank. I know if i have to use that tank to treat a fish then that worm would prolly die....plusmore there isnt anything else in that tank so i dont think it is eating at all. Is it worth it to move it or should i leave it. It wouldnt be so hard to move it because its at the edge of the tank and i can see its tunnel by looking at the side of the tank.

tangman99

Are you sure it's a peanut worm? If so, I would definitely move him to the main tank. They like to live in the rock and come out at night to feed. They are very peaceful and really cool to watch with a red light. I have several in my tank and one is over a foot long and about the diameter of a pencil.

acez28

well i dont know for sure but it does the same as the 2 other peanut worms i have. They all push that gray looking stuff out of thier holes. Only thing with this one is that i never seen its head because of the way his hole is. I dont have a real way of knowing unless i pull him out. In my QT tank I have argonite and in the main i have sand so i dont know if it will want to be in the sand bed or do i need to set it ontop of a rock.