People with 125g's

wrassie86

Hey i upgraded to a 125g a few months ago from a 90g.
And i just cant seem to get a good flow through the tank.I have alot of pumps/power heads ect,some not even being used.
What i was wondering is if any you with this size tank or near could give an idea of what your using and how you have pumps positined,like in the rock work,blowing upward, ect.
as of now i have 3 power heads blowing up to the top of the water from within the rockwork 2 mounted in the rockwork pointed outward .2 that blow across the tank from each side.granted i have flow and serge but not a good flow.Any ideas would be great.
my plan is to go to one big pump mounted out side the tank,but i'm not so sure that will work now.

fishman830

i have a mag 12 return, 2 zoomed power sweeps and 2 maxi jet 1200, the mag returns are moving the surface.. the maxi's are near the end s of the tanks movign water diagonall to the front and the zoomeds are on one sid emvoing water to the middle

elohssa

My return pump puts out about 1200 gph with inlets on both sides of the back of the tank. I also have a Tunze Turbelle stream 6000 blowing 1850 gph from side to side with a controller for wave simulation. Very cool.

I have a 3/4" PVC Pipe that is my return. I have an upper branch that sprays one direction accross the top and another thta sprays from inside the rocks in another direction. I also have dual overflows.

wrassie86

Originally posted by Elohssa
My return pump puts out about 1200 gph with inlets on both sides of the back of the tank. I also have a Tunze Turbelle stream 6000 blowing 1850 gph from side to side with a controller for wave simulation. Very cool.

thats not over kill at all???
So if i bought a external pump rated for atleast 3000 GPH and branched into 2 for each side of the tank that would give me the decent flow without to many dead spots??
I dont like running so many power heads,not that you can really see them.
what kind of wave controller are you using?