peppermint shrimp

larrynews

i dont do anything special for mine...but i use pellets also that drop to the bottom and they get those

wax32

You could take a small pinch of flake and hold it for him, he will prolly take it from your hand.

speg

Yeah.. these are fun little guys to play with. Usually once you tame them enough they'll climb on your fingers while you're cleaning the tank and they'll pick out the crap out from under your finger nails ;)
You can use pellets - they work great.. (shrimp pellets from walmart like $3.70). Or you can try to do flakes.. take a pinch of flakes in between your fingers and dip them under water and wave them back and forward then let go and they should float to the bottom.. they may get them.. but sinking pellets really work the best. Since they are shrimp they are scavengers.. so they'll dig around and find food on their own too.. so if they miss a feeding here and there no big loss!

clarkiiboi

I never had pepps, but cleaners--basically the same. I spot fed mine with tongs and a few pieces of leftover silversides I had.

it's_fishy

my tank's still new but i thought i'd share my peppermint shrimp experience. as far as what they eat...i have no clue yet. Got my first one yesterday...to help with my cleanup crew. Put him in the tank and never saw him again. I don't have a lot of hiding spaces yet in my tank and i'll be damned if i could find him so i figured he maybe got eaten. then i read that they don't do well alone and prefer to be in groups so i bought 3 today. well wouldn't you know it....less than a minute after i put the other 3 in, my first loner emerged from somewhere and they all hang out on a LR i got (i now call it the shrimp condo) and they are much bolder about moving about the tank. interesting lesson in group dynamics i suppose.