Perc. Clown from H E double ELL

chipmaker

I swear this clown is straight from he double LL. He managed to conmpletely tear up the one 30 gal cube in a matter of an hours time. He uprooted and moved 27 mushrooms and rics. Literally......has my pulsing zenia pumeled into a soggy shrunken mess, ripped up my large yellow toadstool leather, has sand all over everything. He even started ot pick up and drop my colony polyps. Has the frogspawn that he used to use a a home beat to shreds, and my beach area a mess of wallowed out holes. I swear, I never thought a fish could sdo so much damage in such a short period of time. He has started to antagonize the other fish as well....If I put my hand in the tank he swims right at it and attacks......Mean destructive little fella. My nice frilly mushrooms are all puking their guts out from his battering them. I sat there and watched his shenanigans for a few minutes to see exactly who was doing what and if there wa a reason, but no reason that I could see. The rest of the fish went to hiding when he went on his rampage, but are now out and about again since I removed him.
I netted him out and have him in a 1.5 gal pico bare tank for now, until I can get him to a lfs or to someone who wants a spastic clown. Any clues what happend or did he just snap!

richarl5

how long have you had him? have you noticed any other odd behavior w/ the other fish? what other fish do you have?

chipmaker

I have had this clown over 1.5 years and none of the other fish acted strange so its not anything in the tank its just this clown that snapped. SInce he is out everything has returned to normal once again. That clown just up and decided to go crazy......
I am probably about 19-21 hours away from PA on a good day! He is already on his way to a new home for delinquent clowns.