Percs starting to host my Torch - Ugh O?

lutz493

B/W percs are starting to host my torch.
They been hovering around it last few days and now they are starting to host it.
While I am excited to see my clowns finally pick a home - I have read of clowns destroying corals when doing this.
Should I be worrying here about them hosting this coral?

lutz493

Does anyone know if a clown would change its host once it chooses one? IE - I put in a BTA, will the clowns go from a coral to the anemone?
Roll of the dice?

S

spsaddict

some do some dont.... btw the clowns prolly wont inflict any damage to the torch.... keep and eye on it to make sure, i bet they both will be happy

lutz493

One of the torch heads closed up earlier cause the clown tried to rest on the head.
Worried if the clowns aggrevate it to where it doesn't extend the tentacles it won't eat and wither away.

donmgicwon

Originally posted by Lutz493
One of the torch heads closed up earlier cause the clown tried to rest on the head.
Worried if the clowns aggrevate it to where it doesn't extend the tentacles it won't eat and wither away.

I think they just "eat" light but if the tents. don't fully extend they won't get enough of that either. When my SB Clown rubs against my torch it will retract but then they quickly extend again if the MH's are on.