Percula and Maroon ??

slammy16

I have my first Clown its a False Percula, I mainly got him/her for my wife she thinks hes so cute. I on the other hand love the Gold Striped Maroon. My question is, can i put a maroon in with the percula without fighting? THe Percula is only about 1.5 inches long and i have my eye on a small maroon about the same size at my LFS. She would KILL me if i put him in and they fought and the maroon did damage. THe tank is a 72gallon only 2 fish currently - the percula and a royal gramma. I was thinking that scince the one has been in for a llitle while and kinda "owns" the tank that there shouldnt be a real conflict and i do not at the current time have any anemones
Little help here please.

viper_930

I wouldn't even try it. Especially since maroons are one of, if not the, most aggressive clownfish species.
Just FYI your ocellaris clown you have now is a female since it has been in the tank for a while by itself. Clown all start their lives as juveniles, then the most dominant becomes female at maturity and the second most dominant becomes the breeding male. Once a clown is a female, she cannot change to a male, but a male can change to female.