Percula Clown/Copper Lower levels?

gq

I just recently put a percula clown in my 55
It seems that he won't go through the rocks is this norrmal! I have a little of live rock and i just bought a blennie(lawnmower) i think i also have 2anemones in the tank and live rock the only thing current in my tank is the clown the anemones and inverts 3snails and 5/6 crabs. Also has anyone ever heard of copper being in the tap water? I took my water 4 testin to my lfs and she said there was some copper in the tank and i haven't put any in there!
As well i found 2 crabs at different times dead can anyone suggest anything i put a bag of seapure in my eheim system to reduce the copper!

partonks

This is anecdotal and just my experience, but I have a percula in a 50g with 75lbs live rock, no anemones. The Clown is never cruising around the rocks, he stays mostly close to the glass and often in the upper half of the aquarium. Some fish are more likely to swim in open water from what I understand.

clownman

It is normal. If you want a fish going in and out of Live Rock hole, get a Tang (but make sure, you resolve the copper problem). Also make sure that your water condition is:
PH (8.2-8.4)
Nitrite (0)
Ammonia (0)
Nitrate (0)
Salinity (1.023-1.024)
Temperature (74-78)
Otherwise, your Tang will be stressed, will get Ick and die (along with kill other fishes also).
Consequently, Most of the Clown available in LFS are Tank raised and often they loses their natural instinct of finding a host anemone. Natural instinct may come to them though as I have seen hundreds of percula in a LFS where couple guarding their anemone.
Do a research to determine, which anemone goes well with your Percula. You will here a lot that you do not need an anemone. That’s not wrong info. I saw a pair living in a Conch Shell. :D