percula questions

archon

I just got off the phone with the LFS and they said they have false perculas for 12.99, but they say that the pairs get along better(but they cost 60) and if i get two seperate they might fight and kill eachother. can someone tell me about this or is the lfs trying to get me to buy the 60 dollar pairs.

greatfullreefer

They are probably reffering to a mated pair. If you buy them seperatly just make sure you add them to the tank at the same time. One will probably become a little aggressive, should not be anything to worry about though.

lionfish28

Originally posted by Asbury030
i wish my LFS was that cheap on clowns. LOL

Really!:yes: How much are they again like $20?:notsure:

T

thomas712

Yeah just get two small ones and add them at the same time, you'll do fine. After a few years they may mate anyway, then a whole new headache starts.

archon

k they are in my tank getting ready for acclimation. ill get a pic but i got a question what is the difference between wild and agricultured(spelling?)?

redsnapper

u shouldn't have a problem with them. They might fight a little but just for domince. my clowns dont fight a lot and there different kinds ones a B&W clown and a false perc. good luck:D

standish

Even among mated pairs a little squabbling is common. If the (larger) female doesn't keep the male in line every now and then, he will start to turn female. :)

asbury030

hey u should get a backround for ur tank it makes the tank look so much nicer i put one on my 29 yesterday and it looks so much better. Also i like ur clowns alot hope they have little clownies. good luck