Pet peeves

florida joe

I am sure I am not the only one with them in relation to the boards. One of mine is the use of the phrases. The end of my cycle or not wanting a cycle or preventing a cycle. Come on people if we did not complete the nitrogen cycle we would not be able to maintain our tanks for any length of time.
Anyone else?

blackjacktang

-People who ask if Marine fish need salt...ive seen it too many times in many boards
-When the boards are going slow and theres not a new post for hours.
-TROLLS
-When people "bump" there post about 20 times.
oh and by the way FJ, is there a way i can prevent a cycle? i dont want to through the hassle

J

jstdv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida joe http:///forum/thread/383760/pet-peeves#post_3358604
I am sure I am not the only one with them in relation to the boards. One of mine is the use of the phrases. The end of my cycle or not wanting a cycle or preventing a cycle. Come on people if we did not complete the nitrogen cycle we would not be able to maintain our tanks for any length of time.
Anyone else?
I hear ya joe, but it is more complicated than a new SW person could probably handle to tell them that their cycle is continuous. This would be hard to explain how they have to go through the initail process.
along those lines.... I have 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrites and 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates in my tank........... No you don't, but its easier than saying undetectable by my inferior test kits.

meowzer

When someone posts 5 different posts cause they don't like the answers thay are getting in their previous ones

J

jstdv8

when someone asks for your advice and you spend the time to write a big ole' post so they can't hardly mess it up and then they do the exact opposite.
A certain mexican food with a skimmer elbow comes to mind....

gemmy

People starting numerous threads in different sections because they did not get an answer in the first one.

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///forum/thread/383760/pet-peeves#post_3358717
People starting numerous threads in different sections because they did not get an answer in the first one.
correction - "didn't get the answer they wanted"
And the classic:
"I like bought this fish and put him in a tank, which I put some salt stuff in minutes ago and now he's laying on his side...........what 1 thing did I do wrong?"
OR
"I bought this fish and put him in my tank.....now all my fish have spots????/ what is this stuff? and why are they all acting wierd?"

btldreef

People who buy things for their tank without doing ANY research.
Posting the same question in numerous threads.
Thread hijacking
People who asked for advice and then argue with you saying, "My LFS store, said to do this..."

flower

1. I hate that I have pet peeves.
2. Folks who do something totally wrong, like use tap water and sware their tank is fine and try and convince others to do the same.
3. Thoses who ask for advice, then not do it and sware everything is just fine their way. Why ask in the first place?