PETFISH

kazooie

Created to promote the new group PETFISH. Current members are:
Kazooie: Captain+1
Gilbert: Captain.
Yoshii: Head of Freshwater
We are now accepting members.

kazooie

PETFISH is a group that is aimed to raise awarness to the fish crualty. I don't think I mentiond it befr. but PETFISH stands for
People for the
Ethicle (sp?)
Treatment of
Fish
In
Saltwater
Homes.
When you join you start out as a recruite and work your way up.

flower

How are you able to monitor folks who are mean to fish? How do you know if I eat fish? How can you tell if I have a huge tang fish cramped in a fish bowl?

flower

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3296210
and then there was sushi

Did you watch LOST? My favorite scene was the big boy Hurley when the Chinaman offered him sushi, he said he was a big fellow and hadn't eaten in days, but that he was nowhere near that hungry...

kazooie

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3296150

How are you able to monitor folks who are mean to fish? How do you know if I eat fish? How can you tell if I have a huge tang fish cramped in a fish bowl?
We are going to hope that you are smart enough to know tangs wouldn't work in a fish bowl. Or really any fish. But we want to advise to you about the proper care and requirments of fish. We can't make you do anything, after all, we're not the Nazis.
Like I said befor, we can't really do anything to you. So monitering you would be a waste of time. But we can talk to you. We can convince you to take the fish back. We can refuse to sell you items. And we can
provide you with the information to keep your fish happier and healthier.
So make the choice. Do you want
to help a fish in need? Do you want your peers to look up to you because you are a role-model? Do you want to make the diffrence?

hunt

Originally Posted by kazooie
http:///forum/post/3296314
We are going to hope that you are smart enough to know tangs wouldn't work in a fish bowl. Or really any fish. But we want to advise to you about the proper care and requirments of fish. We can't make you do anything, after all, we're not the Nazis.
Like I said befor, we can't really do anything to you. So monitering you would be a waste of time. But we can talk to you. We can convince you to take the fish back. We can refuse to sell you items. And we can provide you with the information to keep your fish happier and healthier.
So make the choice. Do you want
to help a fish in need? Do you want your peers to look up to you because you are a role-model? Do you want to make the diffrence?

just curious, what do you sell?

btldreef

Okay, so as someone who is looking out for the welfare of the fish in a saltwater aquarium, and wanting to know who you were, I took a look at your profile.
You have a 55G with a Yellow Tang in it.
To me, this is completely unethical and you're doing the fish an injustice. IMO, there are no tangs that belong in a 55G tank, even when they're babies and not full grown yet.

kazooie

Yes, you are right, to a point. Normaly I would agree with you, but you must consider diffrences in situations. For instance, his is only about 3 inches from head to tail, has plenty of places for him to swim, and is doing pretty good so far. And when he gains another inch, I will be giving him back to the store. But you are right, it is borderline pushing it. But I was aware of these things when I bought him 3 months ago.
An I am going to admit something: I like your attitude. You wern't afraid to comment on something you thought I was doing wronge in my tank. I think you have the potential to be a great leader, and that is why I am offering a spot on our team as head of Size Informers.

flower

Originally Posted by kazooie
http:///forum/post/3296340
Yes, you are right, to a point. Normaly I would agree with you, but you must consider diffrences in situations. For instance, his is only about 3 inches from head to tail, has plenty of places for him to swim, and is doing pretty good so far. And when he gains another inch, I will be giving him back to the store. But you are right, it is borderline pushing it. But I was aware of these things when I bought him 3 months ago.
An I am going to admit something: I like your attitude. You wern't afraid to comment on something you thought I was doing wronge in my tank. I think you have the potential to be a great leader, and that is why I am offering a spot on our team as head of Size Informers.

Busted by the tang police...
Bribing the officer with a high authority position is just wrong...10 lashes with a wet noodle.

btldreef

I really have become the tang police on this site, haven't I? People bust on me for it on other forums all the time.
As for the fish not being full grown yet,
it's still just wrong. Raising a tang of any size in a tank that really isn't the appropriate size for it when it's full grown causes the fish to be a more aggitated/stressed and aggressive fish in the long run. You might not notice it now, but it will happen. Most yellow tangs (or hippo tangs, since everyone is on the Dori from Nemo band wagon) that are placed in smaller than recommended tanks are far more aggressive than those that are raised in size appropriate tanks. You'll usually also see a fish that isn't quite as healthy and it cuts their lifespan, sometimes it cuts it in half.
PM me about this group you're trying to form, what your intenetions are and how you intend to go about things... Are you doing this on any other forums? Have you contacted SWF about your intentions?

rlablan

I think this "group" would get further, and be taken more seriously (probably not) if things in their statements were spelled correctly. I don't know, I guess I have a hard time taking information or criticism from anyone who can't spell or use proper grammar.

btldreef

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3296412
I think this "group" would get further, and be taken more seriously (probably not) if things in their statements were spelled correctly. I don't know, I guess I have a hard time taking information or criticism from anyone who can't spell or use proper grammar.

You bring up a very valid point. That was actually something that really bothered me as well, especially since the board has a built in spell check and there is this wonderful tool called a dictionary, there's even one available online, for when you don't know how to spell something.