PFO Ballast Blew Need Help

salty cheese

One of my PFO 150w M81 ballast blew out. I didn't recieve any paperwork with the ballast and they're closed for the day. So does anyone know if PFO ballasts have warranties or am I screwed?
Also are all M81 ballast the same?
Thanks, S.C.

squidd

I like my PFO...been good for over a year...
Is this the same ballast that had the bad/damaged capacitor...?
Now that you have the "case" and wiring, yes you can order a "standard" M81 and rewire it yourself if needed...
There are only two or three different ballast mfgs, and everybody else uses their components...

squidd

Honestly, I don't know...I would think they have "some" type of warrenty, maybe a year or so, but I never was much for warrentee or gurrantee cards and the hassle of trying to keep reciepts and all that...
Mostly cause I gotta "burn" the reciepts...before Mrs. Squidd sees them.... :scared:

G

guyute

Originally Posted by Squidd
Mostly cause I gotta "burn" the reciepts...before Mrs. Squidd sees them.... :scared:
LOL... the secret of any good aquarist!

salty cheese

Originally Posted by Squidd
Honestly, I don't know...I would think they have "some" type of warrenty, maybe a year or so, but I never was much for warrentee or gurrantee cards and the hassle of trying to keep reciepts and all that...
I know what you mean

I was going to buy some more LR and a coral or two...

salty cheese

Well the ballast should be here tomorrow, anyone have any tips or tricks when installing these things?
i.e. Should I purchase new temp rated wire nuts? The current ones look ok but .... :thinking: