Pfotw....

nm reef

....translated that would be "Photo Feature of the Week"...I hope y'all don't mind the intrusion.
Over the past year I've participated on these forums far less than previous years. The reasons are many...but hopefully things will settle enough to allow me more time to frequent here on a more regular basis.
Since last July photography became much more interesting with the purchase of a Canon 350D and a 17-85 mm lense. But....it seems I seldom shot & posted pictures of my reef. I intend to change that trend by posting recent photos from my humble 'lil display on a regular basis for y'all's review and critique.
Feel free to comment on the photos offered ... even post contributions of your own ...
The photos attached were taken this morning just after my actinics kicked on. I shot them in manual mode...auto focus...with flash. They are all shot hand held and processing was kept to a minimum...slight adjustment to white balance...a touch up to exposure...converted from raw to jpeg...minor levels adjustments ... resized for posting here...and thats about it.
I've linked the photos in order to provide a larger version ... just click the links provided...
First of this mornings efforts is my Kole Tang ... I like how the photo is a close match to what I see with my own eye......this fish is my most recent addition to my display.
Second is a peek at my 'lil clowns ....not the most common of mates.....but they've become best of buddies. Every morning they can be found in the same location....fussing over the attentions of their squamosa...here is another look at them...
Last is a shot of a newish frag I am trying to develop for future relocation. Some ricordia's and a small sarcophyton frag...eventualy I'll likely move it from the sand bed to a higher position in my reef....but a local hobbyist could intice me to sell it for the right price.
Hope y'all like the new photos....I think they turned out decent enough to share......

jayc

Yay!!! I missed seeing your 6-packs every week. awesome pics NM!! Thats very interesting with the clowns.
-Josh

nm reef

Thanks....the 6-paks were always fun huh...its good to know I'm remembered for something....

dogstar

I found this pic on the web. I thought it was a '' good '' shot. I have know idea what equipment, ect. was used. I croped it to 500X, yours I resized to 500X. Just something to compare with..... :thinking:

lion_crazz

NM, I love looking at your photography posts (fish or non-fish photos). I love the two with the clownfish in the clam.
It's also great to see you intending to post more around here!

nm reef

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
HEY NM nice to see you back around!!!!!
Mike
Thanks....did you know I once had a lot of family in Forrest City...many are buried there...a great uncle once owned a package store.

michaeltx

O wow. go figure lived not so far from you in Lubbock move back to arkansas and end up in a town where your family Lived. GOd I miss mr aquarium and high tech. THERE is NOTHING HERE as far as reef stores.
Mike

puffer32

Very nice pics! Your pics are one of reasons I finally upgraded my camera. I would see yours, go take afew with my nasty diggie, and wham! Instant blur
Great to see you, and your pics here again

K

kimc

I certainly don't have alot of experience... I learning how to use my camera. It's a Canon Power Shot S3. I took this photo today using the macro feature and thought it is cute..