PH question for your fish !!

wxman2

Does anyone know a GOOD instrument or a device that measures PH in a saltwater FO tank accurately? I keep looking at a colored piece of paper to get a reading and am not sure if thats accurate or not.
Plus..where should the PH be around? 8.3? ... 8.4?
I have a couple of clowns, a tang, and a flame angel in the tank. They are doing well, and everthing else is fine.
BUT, for some reason, I'm just worried that the PH MAY be off.
I need something accurately to measure this ... don't I?
Thanks for any input.
wxman2

wxman2

Yea.
That's what I was looking for. $60 was a little high, but I guess you get what you paid for. This should work perfectly.
Thanks.
wxman2

ninny

You can find pH meters on ----! That is where I got mine and I love it. Much easier to read then the coloered strips or colored water.

wxman2

D-Money:
Got my PH Meter today and it works great! Calibrated it right off the bat and came off with a PH of 8.1.
Seems pretty accurate.
The information says that this device is only good for 'perhaps a year' or so. Is this true....or does it depend on how much you use it?
Where can I get, locally, PH water at 7.0 to calibrate it again if necessary? I hate to spend a lot of money for just a small bottle of PH water 7.0. There must be a better way....and cheaper way...to get this.
wxman

stapler

I think you can buy replacable end pieces(whatever they are) for your PH meter, when they expire.
Not sure, but look at some on ----, they will usually give you an option to buy replacements.