PH question

mojohoojo

HI guys! i was wondering my 20G are doin fine. water levels are as recommended level base on this forum....nitrates problem slowly dissapearing from 20ppm don to 5ppm..
will do more water change until its gone
anyhow, wats the best way to raise th PH? mines a bit low 7.5 to 8.0 and staying that way for the past week. im trying to raise it slightly. any suggestions!?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by mojohoojo
http:///forum/post/2600566
HI guys! i was wondering my 20G are doin fine. water levels are as recommended level base on this forum....nitrates problem slowly dissapearing from 20ppm don to 5ppm..
will do more water change until its gone
anyhow, wats the best way to raise th PH? mines a bit low 7.5 to 8.0 and staying that way for the past week. im trying to raise it slightly. any suggestions!?
A low PH is often the sign of something else. Have you checked you alkalinity? Do you have good circulation in the tank?

mojohoojo

well ok here my water read out
PH - 7.5 to 8
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 5 ppm
Ammo - 0
Phos - .25
temp - 27 Celcius
cal - 480
DKH - 7
Salinity - 1.026
Circulation seems to be good, i tested it by pinching sand and releasing it. it circulates from the point of drop and back to the same point.....

florida joe

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2601167
A low PH is often the sign of something else. Have you checked you alkalinity? Do you have good circulation in the tank?
Sometimes is it not nice to just get an answer to your question?
There are buffer products you can buy at your LFS, which will raise your PH to 8.3 but not rise higher.
You can also use common baking soda but you must monitor carefully not to over shoot your target ph

florida joe

Ok gang the Jo-Rangeum is under going a water test. With both influent to my sump and refug wide open I measured 2 cups of water per minute please someone check my math but I thing that comes out to 7.5 gallons an hour. I am sure I can increases or decrease that amount by adjusting the valves. I need the input of you flow experts please. The only down side is I cannot get a clear view of the area under the refug. I will cut out the bottom of my cabinet under the doors fabricate new doors. And I should get a great view of the area below. I had no air block. I closed the line to my sump opened my refug influent line purged the line of air and I was good to go. The refug is now out of the cabinet I will glue all appropriate joints. Reinstall under cabinet put in mud/sand fill with water and add caulerpa and take pics. This post was written under the influence of southwest Florida margarita time so please understand that changes to this post may be forth coming