PH size for a 10 gal?????

mj

What size of PH (gph) do I need for my 10 gal nano? Debating whether to go FOWLR or reef. Just got a new Orbit lighting system. Total of 80W with 2 lunar lights. Should be enough to support reef.

alohami

Don't you just love the orbit lights? I have one on my 16 gal. :D
On powerheads, I use two aquaclear 10 or (101). It has changed model numbers and I don't remember which one it is going by now. It was the only one I could find with a gph low enough for a small tank. I think the gph on them was around 80.

ricky1863

one thing that i have found keeping nanos is that if you put to much waterflow it is hard to keep your corals stationary so i too try to keep it around 10x my 46 i have about 20x

clarkiiclo

I have a rio 400 turned up all the way which is about 120GPH and then a Eheim 600 about 3/4 of the way up- it is around 120GPH too. I would estimate then my flow is about 24x.
WOW! I dont have a problem with corals falling about. None of mine are attached with any epoxy either.

laddy

In my 10g I have an AC 201 in the right corner pointed to the left corner, a mini water pump at the water line, plus the return water from my fuge. :happy:

ricky1863

most people that have a small nano likes to watch the corals grow so they are put in very small and the small ones will blow around and move

ricky1863

i dont know what size your nano is but the majority i have kept is 5 gallons put that much current in that water they will move i am not saying that yours is not doing great im sure it is but someone was asking a question who probably does not have as much experience as you at placing corals as a good rule for a small nano 10x is great

clarkiiclo

Well my nano is a 12, so I was just explaining to him what I had so he could make an informed decision for more than one source.