Phosban reactor hose size?

attml

Can someone please tell me th size hose that goes on the standard Phosban Reactor 150s? I meant to grab the top flange when I left the house this morning but forgot. I am stopping at the Aquarium store on the way home from work so if you could let me know what I need I would appreciate it!! Thank you!!

robchuck

1/2" ID with the included hose clamps is what I use on mine, run by a MJ400.
And to go along with golfish's comment: no more ROWA for me (just carbon now), because I've been looking at a tank of tan SPS for the last two months and had one monti cap RTN (the softies are fine). Plus the sponges in the reactor would clog so fast that even a MJ1200 wouldn't push the water fast enough to keep the media fludized, and I ended up with ROWAphos bricks less than 10 days after I filled the reactor.

attml

Thank you very much for the replies guys! My plan is not to run it 24/7. I plan on running it 1 to 2 hours per night.
Mark,
I was at Geofloors house recently and he had a lot of old huge SPS colonies that started to STN after using Rowaphos 24/7. His stuff seems to be recovering now. He said the key to using it effectively is to run it part time and to cycle it for several hours through a bucket when you 1st add the media to the reactor so that the loose airborne stuff doesn't get in the tank. I plan on starting it on my frag tank first to see if I have any problems. Most of the stuff I have in that tank is a duplicate of the stuff in my main system. I just want to use it long enough to get rid of some nast macro algae problems I have!

nm reef

3/8" is the correct size I believe. I started running one with rowaphos a few weeks ago...primarily for a persistent hair algae problem. I've already had a problem develop with my favite...some bleaching...and I too have reduced the reactor to a few hours daily. I believe I'll switch over to carbon only and possibly run rowaphos now and then. I did run the reactor in a seperate container for 24 hrs to avoid particles getting in my system...but I still had problems with the favite after the first 10 days or so...the coral has been healthy for over two years now and suddenly it looks ill...only thing I can attribute it to is the rowaphos.

attml

Mark,
I am running a RO/DI unit with new filters. I feed very lightly every 2 to 3 days. I am running a fuge with additional LR and macro which I have lit 24/7. I run carbon and I skim like crazy 24/7 and I still am having a macro problem. I have even cut my photo period and nothing seems to be working. The only thing that I can attribute it to is phosphate. I want to try the phosban reactor to see if I can clean it up. I have been reading all of the threads on the other board and it seems like the folks who have had problems weren't running kalk (there seems to be a intitial drop in PH when the reactor is first run). And there also seems to be a lot of people that have problems who run the setup 24/7 because of the quick drastic drop in phosphate it is causing corals to crash. That is why I am planning on using less than recomended only for short periods of time to bring down my phosphate slowly. What are your thoughts? Thanks for the repliy as always!!