Phosphate remover?

meowzer

If you do not have a phosban reactor (??) this is what they say about the ROWA PHO
Can be used in a canister filter as a separate slow phosphate filter or can be utilized at the end of the main filter system as the final stage after the biological and mechanical filters.
This media can be used in a very fine filter bag or sandwiched between two layers of fine filter floss (on the incoming or outgoing flow).
The amount required will be determined by both the level of phosphate in the water and the level of phosphate in the rocks, gravel and other substrates within the aquarium.
In new or established aquariums where the phosphate levels are high, first measure the level in the water and assume that 2-4 times that amount may be bound up in the substrate and adjust by dividing the recommended aquarium size by 2-4 times.

bulldog123

Google it and read it yourself. I use it in two little fishes. When you first put this stuff in it will cloud your tank rusty color. I just ran it into a bucket until it runs clear. They dont want you to do this because that is the best stuff. My levels arnt high so I wasnt worried. Cost more, but you can read reviews on this suff from the place selling it.

You can also run carbon in either the same reactor or in a second reactor. Just make sure it is after the phosphate media and it will trap a lot of the small fines.

al mc

I like phosban. If you have not already done so you will want to look at why you have high phospate...too many fish/too much feeding/lack of sufficient amount of water changes.

bulldog123

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/3067066
I like phosban. If you have not already done so you will want to look at why you have high phospate...too many fish/too much feeding/lack of sufficient amount of water changes.
Have you ever tried rowa?

al mc

Originally Posted by Bulldog123
http:///forum/post/3067072
Have you ever tried rowa?
No. I am a creature of habit. Water changes, light feeding and phosban have worked well for me. Rowa may be better but 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'

katsafados

I'm not going to use reactors or anything like that. Just putting the phosphate remover into my cannister filter with the activated carbon and some filter floss.
I'm not even sure if I have phosphates but I'm growing tons of algae. I will be getting a phosphate kit with the phosphgate remover. Will not use it if I dont have phosphates, but I think I do since I'm using purple up and it says right on the bottle may increase phosphates and algae.