Photos of my reef tank.

harlequinnut

Hi everybody, I don't think I've ever posted pictures of my reef tank on this board so here goes. It's a 46 gallon bowfront that's been running for over 3 years now.

chefrd38

Originally Posted by Harlequinnut
Hi everybody, I don't think I've ever posted pictures of my reef tank on this board so here goes. It's a 46 gallon bowfront that's been running for over 3 years now.
off the chain

E

exile415

WOW. nice. just wonderin .. how do you keep your corals so close without them stinging each other ?

sweetdawn

that is one of the nicest tanks ive ever seen and if you ever want a home for some of those ricordias umm over here picture me waving my arms franticly

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by Bret61081
beautiful tank! what other fish are in there besides the sailfin tang....
I have a small sebae clownfish, a baby sailfin and a baby hippo.

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by Tim_12
Very nice. I hope my 46 will look like that some day. Whats that on the end of your powerhead?
It attaches to the output of your powerhead and rotates from the pressure of the powerhead to simulate wave.

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by exile415
WOW. nice. just wonderin .. how do you keep your corals so close without them stinging each other ?
This wasn't my doing, they just grew and grew until they are practically on top of each other. They seem to be getting along fine except for the colt coral, it takes up almost half of the tank when fully extended. I want to frag it but I don't want to risk killing it in the process. Also the green star polyps are all over the back of the tank and on the glass, it's out of control.

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by Bret61081
Very nice...better hope the Tang Police don't catch this thread! hehe
They are very small right now so I got some time to go before I have to start worrying. If and when they are too much for the 46, I can always transfer them to my 150 fowlr tank.

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by sweetdawn
how much does that wave making thing run
Do you mean how much it cost? It's 12.99, I bought it from a famous online retailer.

speg

I wouldnt worry about killing your colt by fragging it. Leathers take a beating pretty well when it comes to fragging. I fragged mine to the point that I thought it would end up dying cause there was hardly anything left. Now its regrowing its cut areas and doing great.