Phyto question

Ok so i was wondering what you guys thought was the best phytoplankton and liquid organic food on the market right now (bottled at an lfs type).

lil.guppy

Originally Posted by HollywoodDiver
http:///forum/post/3023414
yeah thats what i have heard. It smells so horrid though. I thought Amquel was bad. lol
Hey actually I think they changed the Amquel recipe. The first bottle I got was TERRIBLE. Smelled so bad I wrapped it up in plastic after each use.
The next bottle I recently got does not smell nearly as bad. Maybe they toned it down a little

god i hope. i dont really use it. i used to when i mixed my own water. but its one reason why i stopped. that smell would get stuck in my nose and i would smell it for days. lol

cranberry

Your phyto is not suppose to smell. That smell is decay byproducts.
The one I use does not smell and the key is to buy a single species product. You put multiple species in a bottle and they are going to fight just like everything else. This is called allelopathy. The chemicals they put off in this process will indeed kill your phyto.
What are you looking to do with the phyto? What are you feeding?

3 bar gobys, a firefish, a green chromis, a clown goby, hermits, 4 nassarius (2 small and 2 large), 3 nerite, 1 turbo snail, sally lightfoot, an arrow crab, feather duster, an acro ( dont know the name) an acro crab, serpent star. 60 gallon tank.

cranberry

Go easy on the stuff, you don't have a whole lot in there right now that would benefit from phyto dosing. Dose extra light considering the smell. Don't let anyone tell ya that smell is okay.