pic of sps

golfish

Originally posted by small time
one of my favorites - just put back into system
pretty ain't it

very nice....I think they call it a Monti Dane?

T

thomas712

Montipora Danae - and a nice looking frag as well, kinda hard to find one of that coloration without spending quite a bit for it, at least it has been for me. Very small frag could cost $80- $100 bucks.

small time

the yellow really glows under 10k lighting. i have another montipora plating yellow with blue polyps will put back in system in a little while. i love monti's but i'm looking for acro's to put in. i like tables or blue acro's.

small time

here's another cool montipora but i consider this one common.
i like montipora's because there fast growing and have great trade value
michael

golfish

Originally posted by small time
here's another cool montipora but i consider this one common.

Michael, The one I have is much more like the last picture you showed. Eric gave me a nice sofball size piece a few weeks ago.
BTW, I've been side lined for the past few weeks..I hope to be out and about soon so we can get together.

_kip_

i have a monti like the last one.. it was identified to me as a m. peltiformis fwiw
i also have a "danae" (lots of speculation about their true id's)... mine is a different color morph
i think people like to call it the superman monti
here is a pic

nm reef

I also think it may be a montipora peltiformis......here is a pic of one I scored from a fellow hobbyist back around Christmas.
In time I'd like to see it grow out well enough to frag and trade for other types.

nm reef

I also have a small frag of the "superman danae" or whatever the heck they call it now...it has encrusted the plug and started to show some groth...maybe this weekend I'll take a new pic of it....this is shortly after I placed it in my reef.

nm reef

Down the road if you want to frag and trade for some "blue" acropora I'll gladly tempt you....

gregm779

Hey NM my friend just got a piece of superman and I'm the first on her frag list. Where do you keep yours in the tank to retain the color?? Light and flow.

nm reef

greg....I've had it in a few locations.....currently it sits on the sand....I may need to move it up to a higher location soon. My dang derasa keeps blowing sand over it!!! I'd say the current has been random....and moderate to high.I plan to clean up a little and re-arrange today or tommorrow...with any luck I'll post some new pics after I'm done.

nm reef

Just going thru some past pics I did find this one from about three months ago when it was sitting on top of the LR...at this point it hadn't started to encrust on the base yet....not a real good pic....but it sort of gives a idea of the coloration....I seriously need to get a better and more current pic......

nm reef

This is the most recent I have of it...not great quality pic wise...but it does show the recnet growth...

nm reef

I added the lil dude just before Christmas...color has been good from day one...but growth has been very slow.

T

thomas712

Note to self:
Send NMReef bogus letter telling him he and his family has won free trip. Wait until the family has packed up and gone on free vacation. Break into house and frag everything in the tank, return home and post awsome photos like NM. :D