Picasso and Damsel

carvainw

I have a Picasso Trigger and a Jewel Damsel and the damsel is picking on the trigger. The damsel has made the bottom third of the tank his and if the trigger gets anywhere close, he bothers him until he moves back up. I thought triggers were mean?

lionfish

LionFish says......
Well as far as I am concerned I hate Damsels. I wouldn't keep one in my tank for all the money in the world because they are a waste of time and money as they enjoy hurting other fish and when you try to catch them you have to tear the tank apart. Ha, I have a bunch of lionfish. I just drop my Volitan in the tank and the Damsels just seem to disappear! Wonder what happened there? ;) Anyways Damsels are quite aggressive little suckers. If you have a large tank you have a slim chance of catching it. If you really want to keep it you may have to just keep it by itself or get something to get rid of it for you. But, overall, damsels will pick on fish much larger than them so you will have to get rid of that little sucker. If you already have a Trigger, you must have an aggressive tank so get a lionfish and he can take care of the problem for you. Yes, Triggers are in general aggressive, but it is unusual for them not to defend themselves. If the Damsel is that much larger than the trigger, it could kill it.

i have a damsel in my 125g and bought two more for my 20 g. but as you know my damsel about 3 inches in the 125 knows his role when it comes to picking on fish which it has never done. if it does you know my niger will do a magic trick and make it disappear.

robbytt

As stated - Damsels suck! To be honest, I hate most small fish :D I have an Eel, Clown and Huma Huma Trigger along with my cycled 4 stripe damsel. The little devil has served his purpose ;) and I'm waiting for the trigger to whoop some arce (they're little now)
RobbyTT