Picasso Club

cocoacf

Share pictures of your picasso clownfish!
Try to mention where they came from/the grade if you know..
Here's my Grade A from ORA. Just got him a couple days ago

mr.clownfish

i think u got 2 different kinds of percula there, ur Picasso looks like a true perc and the other is a false perc. they will pair up but its gonna take a long time till they mate! good luck

but clowns are unpredictable they might just mate in a month or two. clowns are weird

but ur Picasso is REALLY NICE!!! congrats!!!

cocoacf

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/3221555
i think u got 2 different kinds of percula there, ur Picasso looks like a true perc and the other is a false perc. they will pair up but its gonna take a long time till they mate! good luck

but clowns are unpredictable they might just mate in a month or two. clowns are weird %%
but ur Picasso is REALLY NICE!!! congrats!!!

Yeah I know the other one isn't a picasso. He was a false perc I bought awhile back. He just jumped in the picture lol he likes to hang out with the picasso.

swimmer4uus

He is almost 1.5 years old. Got him around a year ago. Hopefully soon I'll have a platinum perc to replace his girlfriend. Unfortunately she's gotta go if I want another picasso of some type.

swimmer4uus

Mine is from Doni. Been following her since BEFORE she had her website.
I had another BEAUTIFUL picasso, great markings, random patterns, but he didn't like my tank, and went carpet jumping.
Legend, how confident are you that your LFS sold you picasso's, and not snowflakes? They look a lot like the ocellaris look a like of the picasso.

jtt

I got my pair from Doni as well, I had been on her waiting list long long before she started a site as well! I loved mine, but I parted with them when I moved because I had to take down my tank. I still check her website every now and then to see what she has available.

swimmer4uus

OMG! Are you serious? And I see you live in Northern Cali as well. I totally would have held them for you! I'm waiting out for a platinum to mate up with one of her snowcassos

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by swimmer4uus
http:///forum/post/3223337
Mine is from Doni. Been following her since BEFORE she had her website.
I had another BEAUTIFUL picasso, great markings, random patterns, but he didn't like my tank, and went carpet jumping.
Legend, how confident are you that your LFS sold you picasso's, and not snowflakes? They look a lot like the ocellaris look a like of the picasso.
He said he bought them as offspring picassos, not 100% true picassos, but the parents were.

D

deadly_legend

heres a couple :) my battery is dead, so i am charging it to take more pics, will post them in the morning if you want. (added the shrooms since i got them at the same time)

swimmer4uus

Ok, so those last pictures correct my first impressions. Definantly percs. The third bar isn't fully developed, which is NOT an ocellaris trait. Good looking B's though. I'd say it was a good deal

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by swimmer4uus
http:///forum/post/3223723
Ok, so those last pictures correct my first impressions. Definantly percs. The third bar isn't fully developed, which is NOT an ocellaris trait. Good looking B's though. I'd say it was a good deal
glad you think its a good deal! i'm just glad they are happy, even though my powerhead kind of traps them on the opposite sides of the tank away from each other.

swimmer4uus

A lot of people that put juvis in their tank, will turn off one of their powerheads to get the situated into the tank, before they have to worry about anything else. Maybe give them a day without the powerhead might help?