Picasso Trigger Color question

krazykarel

I've asked this question a few times, but have yet to receive a satisfactory answer :(
I have seen some Picasso's with amazing colors, but some have very light colors. Why? Is its s-e-x, size, stress, diet, lighting in the tank, specimen, or other?
My Picasso has good colors when I first turn on the lights of the tank, but then its color fades (see pic below). He is about 1.5-2.0" and eats very well.
Here is a link to some Picasso's with amazing colors. I want mine to look like these!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prfqG9_TlPA

T

touchthesky00

not sure, you might want to ask some people in the aggressive forum

fatcat

What do you feed him???
I got a picasso trigger from a guy that only fed him live gold fish he was white like i mean no color. I stoped feeding him goldfish got him on home made food his color came back in about a month he was my fav fish... I say WAS cuz he out grew my tank so i gave him to a guy with a 120gal...

krazykarel

Originally Posted by FaTcAt
http:///forum/post/2649256
What do you feed him???
I got a picasso trigger from a guy that only fed him live gold fish he was white like i mean no color. I stoped feeding him goldfish got him on home made food his color came back in about a month he was my fav fish... I say WAS cuz he out grew my tank so i gave him to a guy with a 120gal...
I asked there a while ago, but didn't get many responses so I thought going to the most popular section might catch more peoples eyes.
I feed New Life Spectrum pellets, Formula One, and Formula 2.

kjr_trig

Depending on where they come from the colors can differ a little, just make sure you are getting your a good variety of meaty foods too....clams, squid, table shrimp, krill, scallops and so on...Dose your food with vitamins too, such as Kent Vitamin C and ZoeCon or Vita Chem.

krazykarel

Thanks KJR I will look into those vitamins. You mentioned depending where they are from they can vary in color...specifically, where?

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by krazykarel
http:///forum/post/2650310
Thanks KJR I will look into those vitamins. You mentioned depending where they are from they can vary in color...specifically, where?
Humahuma's are very wide ranging, obviously found in Hawaii, throughout the Indo-Pacific all the way to Africa. The differences are subtle, i.e. how much tan, how thick or thin the stripes are and so on, as to where and which I don't know, I think the Hawaiians have more white and lighter tan...Try the vitimins and seafood, I think yours will become more vibrant. He is not stressed at all is he (water's good, nobody bullying him, so on)?

michaeltx

everything is pretty much covered I would like to add make sure its tank mates are suitable these guys can go nuts out of no where and start to tear up a tank quickly. also mine loved to crack open its own clams so if you have a seafood counter where your at pick up some small cherry stones or something like them and put in the tank it will eventually crack them and eat the clam inside. mine would pick them up and carry them to the other side of the tank to eat them.
Mike

krazykarel

Thanks I will try your suggestions.
The water parameters are right on and his only tank mate is a Tomato Clown. They pretty much keep to themselves.
I'll keep this updated in case anyone else has this issue in the future.