pics of my 120 gallon

ghola5

pics of my 120 gallon, 1 year and 2 months old. taken from a camera phone not so good of a pic.

ghola5

Im looking into buying a really good camera, I have some older camera's but the quality is so poor its not even worth posting, but im getting a new one soon and hope to take some closer pics. Thanks for looking :)

ghola5

Its pretty basic filtration I will take pics of under my tank soon of my set up and get some better close up pics, I have only been in the hobby a year and a few months, I have alot to learn, all my pump and skimmer are oceanic and I replace the carbon bags every 3 months, My tank still isnt as clear as I would like, but im still learning. I just ordered some testing strips to make testing my water easy to.

joncat24

Originally Posted by cyclops
What do you have in your tank?

Looks like water and fish to me!!!!!! couldn't resist cyclops....LOL

Nice looking tank...can't wait til ya get a new cam and get some good shots, I love looking at everyone's pics

katiev

Originally Posted by ghola5
Its pretty basic filtration I will take pics of under my tank soon of my set up and get some better close up pics, I have only been in the hobby a year and a few months, I have alot to learn, all my pump and skimmer are oceanic and I replace the carbon bags every 3 months, My tank still isnt as clear as I would like, but im still learning. I just ordered some testing strips to make testing my water easy to.
Can't wait for the close-ups. Just FYI, carbon should be replaced monthly. That should help with clarity, as well as more frequent water changes. I would definitely steer clear of test strips. Many people on these boards will vouch for Salifert test kits. :)

ghola5

Thanks for letting me know, I didnt know test strips where not so good :) I do about 5 to 10 gallon water changes on my tank every weekend, do you think thats good enough? should I do more? also what i have in my tank is
live stock
4-5 inch yellow tang
percula clown
tomato clown
mandarin goby
1 yellow tail damsel
1 coral banded shrimp
1scopas tang
1 conch
cc star fish trying to get rid of
BTA
2 umbrella leathers
yellow leather
finger leather
white bubble coral
yellow gorg
brown monti
brown acro
green/blue trumpet
Let me know if you think I have to much in my tank?
I would love to get some more frags of things from people here to add more color to my tank, just have had problems with them dieing while through mail being thrown around and bags getting holes in them. So if you have any frags you wanna get rid of let me know.

vincentio18

why are you getting rid of your star fish and in the next few months i might have some frags for ya just shoot me an email or ill let ya know and what kind of lighting do you have

ghola5

Im trying to get rid of him because he has ate about 100 plus dollars of corals and snails :( I feed him all the time but he just is never happy so he always eats :)
I have 4 lights that are 48' 2 are 40w 10,000k and the rest are 110w