Pics of my 125 reef

anonome

Hi all. I thought I would share some of my more recent pics. Hard to believe that the tank is going on 5 years old. Time sure flies. Enjoy.

anonome

Thanks to both of you!!
I haven't been on the site for a few months, wow
have things changed. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to post pics!!

speg

Looks like you've been doing some hard work to your tank and your pics show what dedication can do. Very beautiful.. but isn't that a fox in your avatar pic? I want more pics of that :)

anonome

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3260687
Looks like you've been doing some hard work to your tank and your pics show what dedication can do. Very beautiful.. but isn't that a fox in your avatar pic? I want more pics of that :)
Yes Speg, it is a fox coral. That was one of my first coral, and my favorite. Unfortunately, it was crushed with a rock mishap a few years back. I tried to nurse it back to health, but to no avail.
It was a beauty too. I have a new one, but not nearly as big, and not as cream colored. I upgraded to halides a few yrs back and this one has darkened to a light brown color. I have it under the large frogspawn for shade, but it still has darkened. I think if you want it to stay that creamy white color it is best to have only pc lighting. Here are some pics of the old one and the newer one. I don't have a recent pic of it by itself, sorry.

speg

wow it did get really dark. Still cool! I want another so bad but can't find them.

carlos413

Love the tank, Inspiration for mine. I been in the hobby for just over a year and never seen one in a lfs. I have six stores with in a hour drive. Keep up the good work.

spanko

Personally I like the darker color with the blue highlights myself. I just gat one a month ago or so, small frag.

Amazing tank! Great inspiration. I see alot of money I'm about to spend trying to get there..LOL! Maybe second job too......