pics of my 2.5 nano

diadema

why not? A neon, or clown, or watchman gobie would be fine in there...
notice the key word in that sentence "or" :)

bigarn

Originally Posted by Diadema
why not? A neon, or clown, or watchman gobie would be fine in there...
notice the key word in that sentence "or" :)

Fine in there for how long? Sorry... A 2.5 gallon tank is way to small for any
fish. :D
Water stability is also a big issue in that size tank.

diadema

tell you what - I'll put my watchman gobie in my 2 gallon nano cube - you let me know when it's been in there long enough to prove to you I'm right :)

thedocta

How bout you don't put your fish in their for 2 reasons. Yer gonna f*ck up your system, and nano cube doesnt make a 2 gallon.

diadema

A - it's not a "Nano Cube" brand. It's a nano tank that's a cube...
B - I have a 10 gallon sump so the so eloquently phrased statement that you made is simply incorrect.
Thanks for playing.

nemo lover

The docta-
sorry for not using perfect terms..
my tank is a my 2.5 pica :)
This tank has been up and running for a year or so. I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF ADDING FISH TO A TANK OF THIS SIZE. Just more softies.. I would like to add more color some reds, purples, blues. any suggestions?
neoreef-
My lighting is 2x13 watt 50/50
1x13 watt 10k
and waitng for one more Gx23 socket to add a 9watt atinic.
so I am running 39 watts and soon to a big 48

nemo lover

update:
I just ordered a new oak base, and canopy from a fellow hobbist who builds them. I got a small cleaner shrimp. I just added some more zoas their a soft yellow color. I also added black background. Got a digital themometer, and a 7watt hob light for the refugium.
Does any one know a good brand heater that is super small? I am looking for one that will fit in the refugium.

S

skysmom

I have a 2.5 gal nano too. I have no fish in it, just a cleaner shrimp, a cerith snail, and 2 hermits. (1 a scarlet and 2 unidentified.....anyone have any good species identification links? I cannot get a pic of them, my cam is not good enough. They are tan in color and are directly from the ocean....)

T

tuningvis

Originally Posted by Diadema
A - it's not a "Nano Cube" brand. It's a nano tank that's a cube...
B - I have a 10 gallon sump so the so eloquently phrased statement that you made is simply incorrect.
Thanks for playing.

if you have a 10gal sump then your not tech. running a 2 gallon tank are you?
even if you do run it your quality might be okay... but do you think a fish .. any fish... would be happy in a 2 gallon tank....
i mean you can put a tiger in a 6x6 cage but it's not gonna make a happy tiger or let your animal reach its full potential lifetime... we are in this hobby to provide a good life for the inhabitants .. not push the limits of what we can do. more what we should do to sustain life
my two pennys
(sorry for the spelling)

nemo lover

I agree Tuningivis. If I wanted fish I would have set up my bigger tank first. When I got this tank I was gonna set it up, and let my husband bring it to work for a desk tank. But I fell in love, and don't want it to leave. I only have a cleaner shrimp and some different types of snails. I really want to add one more shrimp, but I dont know which one (preferably one that might eat FWS) If thier is one. I dont want to push it either.
I am having a hard time getting my reef pests under control. I am no quitter though, I will get these buggers out.

S

skysmom

Originally Posted by nemo lover
I'm not sure about tan colored ones. Have you searched, and asked on this website?
yup looked and asked. I have a pic of one, but it is not a good pic, and the crab that is in the pic does not have his large pincher because he lost it in his last molt. He seems to be about to molt again, as his pincher has started growing back. Being that they are from the ocean, I really don't have any idea what kind they are. They get along good with my cleaner shrimp and my scarlet hermit too so that's all that really matters. Although it would be neat to know what they are.