Pics of my Anemone Splitting and Tansk Cool!!!!

mbootag

I Thought My anemone was moving when I saw this it was really cool. He just split in about 20 minutes. included some new pics of my tank.

T

thomas712

Nice, I'm going to move this over to the anemone/clown fish forum.

moby

Wow! What a wonderful treat!!

Thats what makes this hobby soo awesome!!
I agree, stuff like this really does make the hobby so addicting.
BTW, the tank looks very nice! Really healthy.
Moby

swlover

That has got to be the neatest thing ever! A once in a life time observation! Awe now you have 2! congrats on the new addition! :cheer:

vinnyl

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Nice, I'm going to move this over to the anemone/clown fish forum.
Question: Do all anemones split in captivity or this is just luck?? Tks

dogstar

Not all species of anemones reproduce by splitting but most will when under stress as a means of survival IMO. mbootag's looks like this could be the case. It looks too small to be splitting and looks pretty white to me. Mine always grows to the size of a searving platter befor it splits. Just my thoughts and I could be wrong.

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by Vinnyl
Question: Do all anemones split in captivity or this is just luck?? Tks
No not all anemones split even in the wild, Condylactis and Bubble tips are two of the frequent splitters, many of the others need sexual partners, still others can have budding events.

vinnyl

Originally Posted by Thomas712
No not all anemones split even in the wild, Condylactis and Bubble tips are two of the frequent splitters, many of the others need sexual partners, still others can have budding events.
Tks for the info.
I have a BTA and this guy almost doubled in size in 8 months, but no sign of splitting. :happyfish