PICS OF MY NEW LEOPARD SHARK

rescue

THERE IS A SHORT VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO PROVE THAT HE IS FINE IN A 100 GALLON FOR NOW YES I'AM BUYING A BIGGER TANK.
<a href="http://www.wagner.homestead.com/SHARK.HTML" target="_blank">http://www.wagner.homestead.com/SHARK.HTML</a>

rescue

GROUPER: I'AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A 240 OR A 300 GALLON TO MOVE HIM TO BUT IF YOU WATCHED THE VIDEO ON MY WEB PAGE YOU CAN SEE HE HAS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR NOW.....

rescue

I'VE BEEN TOLD BY OTHER LEOPARD SHARK OWNERS THAT THEY GROW AROUND 6 INCHES A YEAR IF THIS IS TRUE A 240 OR 300 WILL BE SUFFICENT FOR AWHILE.

jim27

Originally posted by Baron VonKlyff:
<strong>
300 gallon tanks are still only ~24 inches wide. Within a year, the shark will barely have enough room to make a turn at the end of the tank, especially in a reef ready system.
JMOIMBR</strong><hr></blockquote>
Actually sharks are very flexible a 15-16 inch shark would have no problem turning in a 24 inch wide tank.
If I were you rescue I would have waited until I had enough for something like 700 gallon.

rescue

I DONT PLAN ON KEEPING THIS SHARK FOR 20 YEARS WHEN HE GETS TO LARGE FOR WHAT I HAVE I WILL GIVE HIM TO SOMEONE WITH A TANK LARGE ENOUGH TO HOUSE HIM, NOT ALL OF US HAVE THE ROOM FOR 500-1000 GALLON TANKS BUT HE WILL BE FINE IN A 300 FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS

jim27

Originally posted by rescue:
<strong>I DONT PLAN ON KEEPING THIS SHARK FOR 20 YEARS WHEN HE GETS TO LARGE FOR WHAT I HAVE I WILL GIVE HIM TO SOMEONE WITH A TANK LARGE ENOUGH TO HOUSE HIM, NOT ALL OF US HAVE THE ROOM FOR 500-1000 GALLON TANKS BUT HE WILL BE FINE IN A 300 FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS</strong><hr></blockquote>
Oh, well I was under the impression you were keeping it for life and planed on upgrading as it got bigger(which would be a wast of money in the long run).
P.S. Will you please stop posting in all caps. In MB lingo it means your yelling and the Sharks(mods) don't like it that much.

rescue

sorry about the caps thing, currently i am running a wet/dry(bio balls) sump/ protien skimmer/ filstar xp3 canister and a uv sterilizer which i only run when needed.

rescue

hey people i added 1 more video to the web page so check it out both files are about 4 mb
<a href="http://www.wagner.homestead.com/shark.html" target="_blank">www.wagner.homestead.com/shark.html</a>

jim27

I can't see either of the movies. I only have windows media player which doesn't play .mov movies. :( Is there any way you can change them to like .mpeg or .mpg? I REALLY want to see them.

jim27

Cool movies(I got quicktime)! Do you have corals in that tank? I like the rocks you have in there.

treble

Is that some sort or yellow anemone in the backround in the movie? If so, what lights are you runnning over the tank? Looks like a beautiful shark, your a very lucky guy.

rane

Ok I went out and did it i found a new LFS that has excellent tanks the nicest i have seen and purchased my leopard shark about 8 or 9 inches i beleive, its beautiful i will post pics here soon..following along Rescues steps HEHEHE...yes I know it will outgrow the tank but it will be good for a while i am thinking at least 2 years in my tank

rescue

I'm happy to hear you were able to find a shark locally, I'm sure we will both get a little hate mail but as we have both said as the shark grows i will upgrade my tank..ps RANE if you want i will post your picks on my page if you would like..