Pics of my tank

reefer4444

Here are a few pics of my aggressive tank. Just wanted some input on how you think it looks

The Tank
120 Gallon Overflow
33 Gallon Sump
1500 gph pump
In the tank
1 Porcupine Puffer
1 Blueface Angel
3 Squareback Anthias
1 Snowflake Eel

kjr_trig

Very nice!! the fake corals look good. Good job on the aquascaping. Any plans for additional fish?

reefer4444

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Very nice!! the fake corals look good. Good job on the aquascaping. Any plans for additional fish?
Thanks,I was thinking of getting an Atlantic Blue Tang or maybe a Blond Naso not sure though. Yeah I couldnt have just LR in the tank and I knew that live corals would just be a snack so for about $100 i filled up my tank w/ the fake ones. Very easy to clean also

ccampbell57

Reefer - great looking tank! The puffer and the blueface look great!
Personally, I think that you should go with the Blond Naso for the next fish. I love my naso tang. He is very active.
The colored fake coral looks great too!

R

regina13

The fake corals look great in a tank like that! I would have never thought that it would look that good... I would also go with the Naso. They are beautiful fish!

srfisher17

Those squareback anthias are beautiful fish; as long as you don't keep corals, or other critters with light requirements; I'd use the bare minimum lighting; watts and hours. These anthias are deep water fish and their colors will fade in real bright light. When I learned this, I just went with room light for most of the day when nobody was there; that was plenty for the other fish. The male's colors returned after about a week of this. They also need to be fed several times a day. I'll bet you already know all this; buying a trio (you have 1M & 2F , right?) of squarebacks without research would really be flushing $ away. Looks great, good luck with them.

fishfanny79

Tank looks good...even with fake corals, and I don't usually like them. lol
I also wanted to comment on your fish selection. Please don't add a tang (of any sort) to a 4 foot tank. I assume your 120 is a standard 120...which is only 4 feet. But ESPECIALLY don't add the Naso. Gorgeous fish yes, but your tank is very undersized for him. We are talking about a fish that is in the Unicorn Tang family which = lots o' size. Even as a juvenile the tank is too small, he needs tons of swimming area. A fish that gets upwards of a foot and a half needs at LEAST a 6 foot tank (and in my opinion even that is too small for this fish).
I know you don't have to take my advice/suggestions but at least see what others think. And I am not trying to make fun or criticize, I just want you to be aware that the fish is not right for you at this time. Again, the draw to obtain this fish is great because most LFS have them as little guys and they are very attractive...but please pass on this fish!
Pete
P.S. Just because 'lots of other people' have tangs and even Nasos in 4 foot tanks, doesn't make it right!