Pics of new crocea

iyachtuxivm

Pics of new crocea. And a question.
Question do blennies often bother clams? Its a bicolor blennie and he picked at the clam two times tonight causing it to close up for 5-10 min each time. Does the bicolor need to go? Is this a bad combo? I havent seen anything related to this topic. Or was it just a momentary laps of reason? Thanks and enjoy the pics

candycane

Yes, well maybe.
Clams release a somewhat small amount of detritus, but it's pretty much the perfect area for algae to form. Bicolors are one of the head smashing blennies that are herbivores. Sometimes they can accidently grab mantle or just the knocking against the shell can annoy the clam. I would say I have seen maybe 1 in 10 of them that wouldn't even get near a clam. The clam may be fine, then again it may get bothered by the blenny and eventually get stressed out.

iyachtuxivm

Ok so on my tank thread Hef said might have to choose between the clam and the blennie. The blennie wont stop picking. I will give it the rest of today to stop then it goes into QT. The clam likes its new home it has attached to the rock. I dont know if it would hurt the clam to remove it from the rock or even how to do it? the choices below

iyachtuxivm

update Clam is great, new growth great color its getting a bright green ring too now ( cant see it because my camera is not so good with all the blue light from the 14k)! Blennie had to go clown may have to also its trying to host the clam.
1. top view
2. new growth of shell
Does he look healthy to you?

iyachtuxivm

Thanks guys. I worry about it because of the stupid clown. Gonna have to sneak up on that little so and so and gank him! If of coarse he keeps trying to host the clam

nycbob

wow i hv never seen a clown hosts a clam. i know mine is trying to host the xenia or frogspawn.

iyachtuxivm

I know he is dumb. I have lots of other things he could try that look more like anemones. Duncan, pagoda, very large purple zoos. I dont get it a three inch clam