picture of my problem

amadent

my 72 bow has been set up since 10/28/06. It's progressing pretty well except for the formation of green hair algae. All my parameters are good.
the only one that is a liitle out wack is the nitrates 25ppm. It seems that I am trapping detrius in the caves and in the nooks and crannies of the LR. My equipment is. cascade canister 350 gph. 2 mj 1200 , 1 rio 1400, and a aqua c remora pro (installed this week) replacing a prizm pro. Stock includes:
1 marron clown
1kole tang
1lawnmower blenny
1royal grammar
1 purple dottie back
5 yt damsels
1 haitian anenome
2 feather dusters
1red ball spong
1red lincha star

kanicky

:notsure: No picture?
Anyway, if you are trapping detrius in nooks and crannies, you can take a turkey baster and gently blow all the detrius into the water column where it can get taken away into the skimmer...

socal57che

Lighting? spectrum and length of operation
Phosphate level?
How much and often do you feed?
Green hair likes protein caused by overfeeding. Your skimmer will help, but if overfeeding is the problem, maybe it can't keep up. How often do you need to dump it? Is the waste nasty or just dirty water?

amadent

Sorry. I don't even know how I started this one I thought I lost it and started the new one . This does have a list of my tank inhabitants. Talk to you in the other thread