nycbob

hector gobies (eats hair algae!):

xenia everywhere:

duncan:

flowerpot frag:

flame angel (my favorite):

full tank shot:

nycbob

thanx for the responses. the urchins do pick everything up. as for the flame, so far so good. at 1st, i thought he was the one damaging one of acros, but it was my black sailfin blenny, that develop a taste for it. the flame does nip at the clam mantles there and there, but the clams so far dont seem bother by it. hopefully that will be the case.

nycbob

Originally Posted by saltygerman
http:///forum/post/2861768
I' NOT WORTHY!!!!!

What's yur secret???

i think its 50% luck and 50% good maintenance. i dont test for anything except calcium every 2 weeks. i think the important thing is keeping a balance system. i dont run any fancy sump or specialized skimmer. the only thing i hv r liverocks, hob fuge and a skimmer i run occasionally ( i do recommend running a skimmer though). i do 10-15% water change every week. never dose anything except calcium and alk buffer. sometimes keeping things simple is the best method. i also hv a fowlr tank i hv been working on. it looks nothing like my reef though; much more messy since i hv trigger and puffer in that system. that tank i am ashame to display as of right now.

zanoshanox

Always love to see your tank Bob. Looking good. Fragging out any of those green montis any time soon?
=]

nycbob

i actually cut 2 small pieces off a few weeks back. it in my fowlr now waiting to be grown out. caps imo r one of the easiest to grow to frag.

reefkprz

I dont know how you do it......
how can you resist the temptation to frag all those large colonies?
I wouldnt be able to handle it.

nycbob

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2862986
I dont know how you do it......
how can you resist the temptation to frag all those large colonies?
I wouldnt be able to handle it.
hehe. with 3 little kids, its very hard to find the time.

trippkid

Always a pleasure seeing pics of your tank, very nice. Keep up the spectacular job. Thanks for sharing. It is really starting to get packed in there.

Matt